7 Reasons to buy a World Wide Travel Insurance
You wann escape the european winter? Great! But if you have booked a surf holiday, the last thing you will want to do is cancel it. Thats why: Before your next surf trip abroad you should consider the advantages of a world wide travel insurance. Because it is your responsibility to ensure you can cover the costs of medical treatment abroad. The right travel insurance will ensure you can do so.
Your travel insurance should cover the following points:
- Emergency medical treatment costs, including hospital charges and ambulance fees.
- Returning you home following medical treatment abroad if you cannot use your original ticket.
- Reasonable additional transport and/or accommodation expenses for a close relative or friend to stay with you or travel from your home country if required.
- Temporary emergency dental treatment for the relief of immediate pain.
- 24 hours assistance help-lines to offer support and advice about appropriate treatment.
Here are the 7 main reason of a world wide travel insurance:
1. Your health insurance is not valid outside your country
Any fees you pay for medical care will likely only be partially reimbursed, if at all, by your provincial health insurance plan. If you are entitled to a partial reimbursement, it will not be paid immediately and you will have to pay out of pocket for your care.
2. Your luggage could get lost or mislaid
Whether your bags end up on the wrong flight, the airline lost them or they're stolen, having to go without your clothes and toothbrush on vacation is no fun! It's also sure to put a dent in your travel budget. Travel insurance can cover you in the event of lost luggage, depending on the level of coverage you choose.
3. Your passport and credit cards could disappear
Whether you lose them or they are stolen, your credit cards aren't easy to replace, especially when you need them to continue your trip! Travel insurance will help you get in touch with your embassy or the financial institutions concerned as well as offer you language assistance if you need it.
4. Your surfboard could get damaged
Travel insurance covers your belongings for damage as well as loss, which will come in handy for surfers jetting off all over the world with expensive and specialist equipment such as a surfboard. Imagine the heartache of finding out your pride and joy is damaged beyond repair and you didn’t take out insurance.
5. You may not be able to get medical treatment
Hospitals abroad can be very expensive. In addition, they may ask you to pay in cash up-front before agreeing to treat you. Certain medical establishments will go so far as to refuse you treatment if you don't have insurance. Travel insurance provides you with immediate coverage when you need it.
6. You may have to cut your trip short
No one can predict the future. For whatever reason, you may have to cut your trip short. Travel insurance can help you get home and potentially obtain a discount or refund on your travel package.
7. You have to cancel your trip
Maybe you lose your job or get into an accident on the way to the airport. Either way, certain travel insurance plans offer trip cancellation coverage to travelers, meaning your trip is covered and you won’t lose the money you paid up front.